CH2M HILL Energy & Chemicals
Pay is Unknown
Apply online @ Company website
Our Pipe Welders :
• Constructs, maintains and modifies piping systems and process equipment related to petrochemical or other industry by welding of pipe, flanges and various fittings using applicable welding techniques and processes required to produces welds that meet applicable codes and client requirements.
• Measures pipe routing and draft pipe configuration.
• Perform repair, prep, grinding and re-weld procedures on pipe to meet proper welding codes.
• Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
Additional Pipewelder's Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Knowledge of the AWS, ANSI and ASME codes.
• Knowledge of operation of welding equipment, beveling machines, electrodes, fluxes, shielding gasses and welding processes.
• Knowledge of the various size and grades of welding electrodes, the proper use of electrodes and welding processes, the appearance of a proper fit-up and the appearance of properly cleaned and prepared surface.
• Ability to properly use and care for the tools and equipment and welding electrodes commonly used on an industrial project.
• Ability to read, understand engineering prints.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, extreme heat and high noise levels. Employee will work in an environment where there is risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic and/or hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job.
The work generally requires routine walking, standing, squatting, climbing, stooping, bending, twisting, reaching and carrying items. An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in an industrial environment and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Must be able to routinely lift up to 70 lb. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.
• Five (5) years experience in pipe welding and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.